gdmodule clipping

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at
Fri Sep 12 09:53:08 CEST 2003

John Hunter wrote:
> Does gd lib or gdmodule support clipping?  I would like to set a clip
> rectangle and when I issue drawing commands (like im.polygon) have
> only the part of the polygon inside the clip rectangle displayed.

AFAIK, gd doesn't support it natively. But since your clipping region seems to
be a rectangle, I suppose you could do this by creating a new image having the
size of your clipping region, draw in this image, then put it back in your main
image via image.copyTo(...)

- Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at> -
PragmaDev : Real Time Software Development Tools -