wanted($): mac and linux python gui coders for porting

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Sep 16 08:05:15 EDT 2003

"Mark Hahn" <mark at hahnca.com> wrote in message
news:EHr9b.36540$n94.18214 at fed1read04...
> (I apologize in advance if this is not an appropriate posting)
>
> I have written a simple windows shareware app, EzPicMailer, in Python 2.3,
> wxPython 2.4.1, and PIL 1.1.4  that lets computer novices find photo
files,
> edit them, and mail them, all in one simple app.  Everyone is encouraged
> check out my beta version at http://EzPicMailer.com.
>
> I wrote it to be cross-platform except for a small amout of windows code
> do the system beep and to find the desktop and home folders.
>
> Now I need a Mac programmer and a Linux programmer to port to these
> environments for me.  I'm new to shareware but I'm guessing that paying
10%
> of gross license receipts would be fair.  I put in close to 200 hours into
> the app and I'm assuming that 20 hours to do a decent looking port would
be
> about right, which gives 10% of the effort.  Let me know if I'm off-base
> here.
>
> You will also be responsible for a second line of support for your
platform.
> In other words you will need to fix problems particular to your platform
> keep your royalty flow.  You will not have to talk to customers though.
> That is what I mean by second-line.
>
> If you are interested, please tell me about yourself and point me to some
of
> your existing work with GUI's.

Mark:

I don't think anyone would complain about your post. You might, however, get
a better response if you create a SourceForge project and add to the "help
wanted" list there. People do scour that list from time to time. You'll also
learn a lot about CVS :-)

Good luck with your project.

regards