Now that rexec is gone...

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Sat Sep 27 00:44:39 EDT 2003

Now that rexec is gone, is there any code or information available on
executing Python in a restricted environment?  And before I roll my own
solution, exactly where the security holes in rexec anyway?

(I know one way of getting a restricted environment: butcher the Python
interpreter by removing everything that's even remotely dangerous, use
Python only for restricted execution, and do everything else in a C++
program that embeds the butchered Python interpreter.  I'd like to avoid
doing that, for obvious reasons.)

--
Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com - http://eldwood.com