unreferenced (???) variable; prob. simple

Halfdan Holger Knudsen s011362 at student.dtu.dk
Mon Sep 15 15:31:07 EDT 2003

goodday all - here's a snippet of code that just doesn't seem to work...at
all! But I haven't got the faintest idea why I keep getting an unref.
local var. error. Take a look - I know I can get good help here. And PS:
Thanks beforehand.

If you're wondering - it's an attempt at a (crude) reproduction of the string.split() functionality for learning purposes.

----------------------

#! /usr/bin/env python

import string
begind = 0