Redesign of Python site

Kevin Dahlhausen kdahlhaus at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 12:27:12 EDT 2003

> never come back to this site" etc... The odd thing is
> that we thought that the site was significantly more
> usable than before, after all the redesign was based on
> an extensive usability testing.
>
> (It was a pretty cool experiment, observing users
> trough a one way mirror as they attempted  predefined
> tasks, multiple cameras and microphones tracking
> what users do, it is a great thing to do if you have
> the chance)

I second that - watching my first web-app usability study really
opened my eyes.  It's worth doing at any level.

> It was pretty hard to digest this hate mail, it was as if these
> people had zero respect for all the hard work we've put in,
> in fact most email was actually very rude and rushed,
> yet the only common ingredient in all of these emails was
> the perceived infallibility of the authors themselves.

Try to remember that that email came from a very small percentage of
the community and that most users of Python are very grateful of the
work people put into Python and the community around it.  You'll get
goof balls wherever you go.