64-bit EPIC and some modules

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Sep 25 07:20:27 EDT 2003

Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <tzot at sil-tec.gr> writes:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:28:25 GMT, rumours say that Michael Hudson
> <mwh at python.net> might have written:
>
> >I may be wrong, but I thought that audioop and imageop only work in a
> >32 bit environment.
>
> I found an old post by Guido (1998) asking for testers in 64-bit
> environments; it seems that the work he did then (and perhaps some later
> work by him or others) gave fruit.
>
> I checked the source (of audioop at least), and there are some #ifdef
> code at the start of it, assuring the type used in calculations is 4
> bytes long.
> The tests ran fine! :)

Oh, fine.  You'll probably have to dig into setup.py to find why
they're not building on itanium -- not having one, it's not the sort
of thing I can really motivate myself about :-)

Cheers,
mwh
PS: hp-ux/itanium appears to be utterly horked...

--
  C is not clean -- the language has _many_ gotchas and traps, and
  although its semantics are _simple_ in some sense, it is not any