Comment on PEP-0322: Reverse Iteration Methods

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Fri Sep 26 12:43:08 EDT 2003

David Eppstein <eppstein at ics.uci.edu> wrote previously:
|ireverse, like imap(), izip(), etc., suggests that the operation happens
|without the memory overhead of copying the whole sequence into a list
|before reversing it.  Do you have some plan for how to do that e.g. with
|simple generators?  Or easy to understand explanation for which things
|can be ireversed and which can't?

Or even just a DECIDABLE explanation for which things can be 'ireversed'
and which can't[*].

Yours, Lulu...

[*] And if you -can- produce such an explanation, I can almost guarantee
you a Fields Medal, and probably a Nobel Prize also.

--
 mertz@   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:_/_/_/_/ v i
gnosis  _/_/                    Postmodern Enterprises         _/_/  s r