Massive unit test vs MySQL

Richard Wesley hawkfish at trustedmedianetworks.com
Wed Sep 10 12:51:06 EDT 2003

In article <bjkdoa$3ea$1 at nntp0.reith.bbc.co.uk>,
 Neil Padgen <neil.padgen at mon.bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> On Monday 08 September 2003 22:28, Richard Wesley wrote:
>
> > In article <bji5h7$bqo$1 at nntp0.reith.bbc.co.uk>,
> >  Neil Padgen <neil.padgen at mon.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> > I doubt it - it is generated by mysqldump.  And there is no problem
> > from the command line.
> >

> I use exactly the same approach to set up my unit tests, but I have a
> different way to get the mysqldump data into the database:
>
> os.system('mysql database_name < dumpfile')

Sadly, this did not work, nor did garbage collection (gc.collect()).

For some reason, mysql is holding onto a whole lot of connections from
my script until the script terminates.

--

- rmgw

<http://www.trustedmedianetworks.com/>

Richard Wesley                                  Trusted Media Networks, Inc.

"The professor is teaching me about 'tea'.  It's very complicated."
        - Leela in "Dr. Who: The Talons of Weng-Chiang"