Redesign of Python site

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Sep 8 08:48:43 EDT 2003

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:03:41 +0000,
	Eduardo Alvarez <!spamispeople!punga at great-atuin.net> wrote:
> mmmm...I only seem to see an image of the proposal.  is it possible to
> see an actual HTML version of it?  The easiest test in my opinion would
> be to run it by lynx, and see how readable it is then...

Writing an HTML version would normally only be done once the graphical
design has been chosen.  It's a lot of work to get the CSS right across all
browsers, so an HTML version might only replace "this font is too small"
complaints with "this displays strangely in my browser" messages.  It's not
worth doing all that required tweaking for what's just a prototype.

Don't worry about Lynx compatibility; there are at least two people who are
primarily Lynx users (Aahz and me).  I assure you that any final design will
be Lynx-unusable over my dead body.

--amk