DB2 driver for windows

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue Sep 23 08:29:48 EDT 2003

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Philip wrote:
>
>> Dave Benjamin wrote:

>>> I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
>>> with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
>>> the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
>>>
>>> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html
>>>

>> Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because
>> didn't find
>> an native driver)
>>
>> I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
>> especialy interesting when sharing code)
>>
>> But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious
>> reason
>> way i have choicen python/jython.
>>
>> Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
>> that would be fine too.
>

> FYI, mxODBC works fine using the IBM DB2/400 driver for Linux:
>
> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/odbc/

Oops, you were looking for a Windows driver: those work too
with mxODBC, but I can't give you a URL.

Known issues with the driver:

* Make sure that you switch off connection pooling in the MS ODBC
   manager if your are using multiple connections to the database
   in a single app.

* The DB2 ODBC Driver for NT has an optimization option called
   early cursor close  (or similar). This has to be switched off.
   Otherwise, you'll get lots of SQLSTATE 08001 or 080003 errors
   during connects and parallel execution of commands becomes
   impossible.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 23 2003)