Datetime utility functions

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Tue Sep 16 11:31:01 EDT 2003

> I was just writing some code which did date/time manipulations, and I
> found that the Python 2.3 datetime module does not supply a number of
[...]

Your message arrived in the exact time.. :-)

Have a look at this:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel/52956

I'll publish it somewhere an announce here once I get the
time to do so.

> My specific requirements were:
>
> 1. Get the last day of the month contatining a given date(time). I
> really was surprised to find this one missing, as it seems to me that
> the datetime module must know what the last day for each month is, so
> exposing it wouldn't have been hard.

I don't understand this one. The last day of the month containing
a given datetime? A datetime is absolute, how would it be "contained"
in something else?

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net