[joke] Any tool to translate PHP to Python?

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:05:12 EDT 2003

> [Bruce Dickey]
> > [Bruno Desthuilliers]
> > Bruce Dickey wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have some PHP scripts I'm moving from my web server to the local PC.
> >> They just do file manipulation.
> >>
> >> Anybody know of a tool for translating PHP to Python?
> >

> > Er... What about a programmer ?-)
> >
> > (sorry, could not resist)
> > Bruno
> >

> Heh heh. Point taken. I actually *was* assuming I would be the tool --
> It seems to me that for folks migrating from PHP to Python, a translator
> would be a handy tool.

Um, was the point was really taken?  Translating programming languages
is *very* hard.  Otherwise, it would be possible to just translate
Python to C, with all the obvious benefits.

Perhaps automatic translation of some standard PHP patterns is
possible?  No, still too hard.  Think about it.

--
The subspace _W inherits the other 8 properties of _V. And there
aren't even any property taxes.