win32com: create email message in windows default app?

Mark Hahn mark at hahnca.com
Sun Sep 7 14:24:50 EDT 2003

> But what is "windows default email application" ?

I don't know, except that windows applications such as outlook and outlook
express will ask "Outlook is no longer the default email application, would
you like to make it the default?".  So somebody somewhere inside of windows
thinks there is a default.

Also, when you click on a mailto: link in a web browser, only one mail
message comes up from one mail application, so it must be the default email
application.  How do I get to that default email application and tell it to
open a message for me?