A startup puzzle

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Tue Sep 30 04:36:07 EDT 2003

> > I don't want to discuss whether this is good style: it is simple and it
> > works well for me :-)

> Okay, I won't discuss, I'll just tell you that this is a recipe for
> giving yourself a headache.

I could agree with you if using "from leoGlobals import *" had ever caused
me the slightest ache.  Aside from this startup problem, now completely
solved, it never has.

As suggested in another reply, replacing every reference to x in leoGlobals
by g.x might be considered better style, but this is precisely what I want
to avoid.  It is always perfectly obvious in the code that a reference to a
"bare" function is a reference to a function in leoGlobals.  What could be
clearer?

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines