read from file

Tom llafba at gmx.net
Fri Sep 12 16:26:01 CEST 2003

Hi folks,

I need to read information from a file. That is not the problem, BUT
another programm (I have no control about that programm) constantly
writes more information into that specific file. How can I get the new
information that has bee added to that file and that I have not yet
read? I don't want to re-read the entire file, because that is a whole
lot of data!!

I wrote a little software that is analysing the data that is written
into the file. That's why I would only like to get the new data.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks Tom

P.S.: Another question would be: Is there a way to find the file that
was last edited?