import site failed; mac os x & fink; help

Adam Attarian adama at mac.com
Fri Sep 5 13:21:35 EDT 2003

Hey Guys-

I searched the group for import site failure and got a few hits, but
nothing I could really get from all of them, different platforms,
setups, etc. So I'm going to go ahead and ask the group for help..

I'm on Mac OS X, version 10.2.6, running a build of python 2.3 that
was installed by fink. So far, I can use everything fine, but I get
the "import site failed..." when I run the binary:
<tt>
[localhost:~] adam% python
Python 2.3b1 (#1, Aug 29 2003, 18:48:50)
[GCC 3.1 20020420 (prerelease)] on darwin

</tt>

Any ideas how I can fix this beast? I'm trying to install pyGTK, but
that's another story.

Thanks for the help, it's appreciated.

Adam Attarian
adama at mac dot tld=com