Python ISPs

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at
Sat Sep 20 07:38:57 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 13:24, Paradox wrote:
> Does anyone know of some ISPs that have Mod_Python installed. Most
> seem to allow Python CGI but not things like Mod_Python or Spyce. Is
> this a viable solution or should I just learn PHP. I would prefer to
> leverage my Python knowledge but I also would like a fast robust
> solution.

Interestingly enough, I just started a new job at and I convinced my boss yesterday that
Python-friendly hosting would be a good thing.  If you're interested you
can email me offlist.  We're pretty open to most things, including
third-party modules, specific Python version installs and the like.
There's only a few things my boss won't bend on (No Windows [Linux
only], no MySQL [PostgreSQL only], no gaping security holes).  Other
than that, we're open to most other things.

We should have an announcement by Monday on with more
specific information.

Heads on fire and drunken lights
Days devoured by hungry nights