py2exe endcodings/SAXReader Issues

Kathleen Kudzma kmkstyle at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 09:33:10 EDT 2003

I'm having a problem with py2exe for Python 2.3.  I got fixed the
Lookuperror no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding by
following the instructions on the py2exe page (added -packages encodings
--force-imports encodings).  This resolved the codec error. When I tried to
create an exe with py2exe I still got the following warnings.   Please see
the new error I got (after warnings).

**********
warning: py2exe: * The following modules were not found:
warning: py2exe: *   Carbon.Folder
warning: py2exe: *   Carbon.Folders
warning: py2exe: *   DateTime
warning: py2exe: *   Ft.Lib
warning: py2exe: *   Ft.Lib.DumpBgTuple
warning: py2exe: *   Ft.__init__
warning: py2exe: *   SOCKS
warning: py2exe: *   XPathParserc
warning: py2exe: *   ext.IsDOMString
warning: py2exe: *   ext.SplitQName
warning: py2exe: *   fcntl
warning: py2exe: *   ic
warning: py2exe: *   mx.DateTime
warning: py2exe: *   rourl2path
warning: py2exe: *   xml.xslt
warning: py2exe: *   xml.xslt.ParsedPattern
warning: py2exe:
**********

When I tried to run my program, the application comes up fine until I try to
do something with XML. Basically, I get the following error:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1345, in __call__
  File "<string>", line 125, in loadDoc
  File "<string>", line 83, in documentSetup
  File "xml\dom\ext\reader\Sax2.pyc", line 346, in __init__
  File "xml\sax\saxexts.pyc", line 77, in make_parser
SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found

Does anyone have any suggestions?

kk

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon