safari (was Re: Writing solid code book)

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Fri Sep 12 11:42:22 EDT 2003

Quoting Alan Gauld (alan.gauld at btinternet.com):
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:14:05 -0600, Jules Dubois
> <bogus at invalid.tld> wrote:
> > However, seeing for the first time Python's syntax in _Nutshell_ was enough
> > to scare me away.
>
> Really? Can I ask why? I'd have thought seing Pythons syntax
> would be a breath of frsh air to most programmers, it certainly
> was for me. Why did you think it was scary?

I know I resisted the idea of significant whitespace for something
like six months, despite evangelical friends, before I turned away
from the dark side.

Perhaps not coincidentally, I began reconsidering my opinion at
approximately the same time I became responsible for extension of a
Perl script written by a fellow who was just coming to understand
use of references in Perl.

--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "There is no fate that cannot be
<geoff at gerrietts net>     surmounted by scorn." --Albert Camus