Quickie mail.python.org status

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 3 15:40:10 EDT 2003

(Posted via Google so some fraction of the c.l.py community sees
it. :-)

I noticed that python-related mail has been at best trickling in today,
so took a quick peek at mail.python.org.  Since 4am today exim has
rejected over 15,000 messages because they contained executable
attachments or suspicious (sobig-style) subjects.  I'm sure that's nothing
compared to sites like SourceForge or AOL, but it conspires to keep
useful mail from flowing through that machine.

They said it was going to be bad after everyone returned from the long
holiday and late-summer vacations.  I guess they were right...

Skip