Code complete electronic version ?

Jim Dabell jim-usenet at jimdabell.com
Wed Sep 3 11:04:02 EDT 2003

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:40:48 +0100,
> Jim Dabell <jim-usenet at jimdabell.com> wrote:
>> If it's too much, buy it second-hand.  It's a good book, and although
>> plenty of it is just common sense, it's the type of common sense that's
>> easy to miss :)
>
> Isn't it mostly concerned with C, though?

Ah, forgot which group I was in for a minute :).

It does give plenty of examples in C, and a lot of the issues discussed
don't apply to Python, but then again, there are plenty that are universal,
like good coding habits, project management, and so on.

>  McConnell's _Rapid Development_ is pretty good, though, and examined the
> development process more than language-related things.

In a similar vein, if you want to focus on the project management side,
Peopleware and the Mythical Man-Month are good reads, and if it's more
software architecture you are after, then go for Design Patterns,
Refactoring or Antipatterns.

--
Jim Dabell