Multiple instances of modules

Daniel Pryde ababo_2002 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 11:33:02 EDT 2003

Hi there.

I'm currently trying to learn Python, my aim being to create my final
year project at university using only Python instead of Java. I've run
into a problem though while trying to make multiple instances of
modules.

For example, say I made a CD.py module which held details of an audio
compact dic (album name, track names, etc..), and wanted my Python
script to make a record collection using multiple CD's, I can't make
them seperately. I tried using the 'import module as name' format, but
any changes made to one instance affects the other. I assume this is
because Python is simply referencing the one instance of CD.py rather
than seperate ones. Is there a solution to this that doesn't involve
using cPython or Jython? Any help would be greatly appreciated.