gadfly gfplus error

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Mon Sep 8 18:51:04 EDT 2003

Hello,

I've been playing around with gadfly, and it is a
great piece but I am having problems with gfplus
the interactive shell to gadfly.

Namely I get the following error when running the file:

---
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/gfplus", line 3, in ?
     main()
   File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gadfly/scripts/gfplus.py", line
269, in main
     shell.cmdloop()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/cmd.py", line 109, in cmdloop
     self.preloop()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/cmd.py", line 150, in preloop
     if self.completekey:
AttributeError: GadflyShell instance has no attribute 'completekey'
---

It looks as if the GadflyShell does not provide  some attributes
that are needed later on. Inserting the

cmd.Cmd.__init__(self)

as the first line of the GadflyShell constructor solves this
problem. Is that the right solution?

Istvan.