Passing a String to a Python CGI Script

DeepBleu DeepBleu at DeepBleu.org
Fri Sep 26 05:28:12 EDT 2003

I'll reword that:
A client is writing a string to the web server (IPlanet on a Sun Server)
using a java program.  The client then establishes a connection with a cgi
Python program on the server.  This client wants the string to be passed
into this cgi Python script on the server.
There are no name=value request pairs.  How can this cgi Python script read
the string sent to the web server.  The client is POSTING the string as a
REQUEST.  For the Pythong cgi script I am using CGI module to handle
requests and responses.  However, how do you handle this REQUEST?

"DeepBleu" <DeepBleu at DeepBleu.org> wrote in message
news:AY3cb.104524$834.93516 at twister.austin.rr.com...
> When one is using an HTML form via a web broswer, the user submits the
form
> contents and these are passed to a CGI Python script on the web server.
> I need to write a client script that connects to a web site, runs a Python
> CGI script on the web server AND passes a string to the CGI Python script
> that the Python CGI script can store/manipulate/evalute etc....
> I know how to connect to the web site and run the CGI Python script using
> client Python script with the urllib module.  But how do I submit/send a
> string via this client Python script to the web server on behalf of the
CGI
> Python script?  Can someone give me a clue or a hint on how to do that?
Do