Is Perl *that* good?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Apr 28 08:56:08 EDT 2004

Michael wrote:

>> I wish Python had won, as well. But time is linear (in my mind). I now
>> wish only that we could leverage the similarity of JS and Python
>> (execution and binding models) into more Python users. Marketing needs
>> to run with the line, "So you know Javascript? Then you know Python!"
>>
> I wish Python could be ran inside a browser as a client-side scripting
> language. I've seen it done but it'd be awesome to seen done properly
> and intergrated into something like Mozilla.

Although at that point we would unfortunately run smack into
the security flaws Python has in this area.  If the "I've
seen it done" above refers to the existing support for
this in pywin32 (formerly win32all), you probably know how
it was disabled since it is inherently (with current Python)
unsafe.

-Peter