Programatically Building MS Access DB

Aaron Bingham abingham at sfu.ca
Tue Apr 6 07:26:13 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am working on a Python app that has to output to an Access DB to keep
the customer happy.  If possible, I would like to construct the entire
database, including tables, querys, and forms, and also the odd simple
VM macro, programatically from Python.

I've successfully constructed the tables and queries, but I'm having
trouble building the forms.  In particular, I can set form properties
and create controls, but control properties are not saved when I save
the form, even if I open the form in design view from my code.

Attached is a little program that creates a DB with a table,
and a form based on the table.  However, the fields on the form are not
placed correctly, nor are they bound to the source data.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

Aaron Bingham
abingham at sfu.ca