HTML writer

Moosebumps moosebumps at moosebumps.com
Fri Apr 2 03:46:22 EST 2004

Is there a standard solution for writing HTML web pages with Python?  I
don't know that much about web programming, but basically I want to generate
some internal reports on a web page.

It doesn't need to be fancy, just basic tables and linking, maybe indexing
and navigation, but I want it to all look nice and I want to be able to
change the formatting easily without combing through source code (hence my
next question about CSS).

I know there newer things like CSS and XHTML -- are these more or less
effort to generate?  i.e. are they more complicated, or do they have more
uniform syntax?  What do they necessarily buy you?

I searched the python website and I have seen HTML parsers, but no examples
of generators.  I searched for "Python HTML" and "Python CSS" and found some
stuff -- but it doesn't seem like there is a "standard" solution that is
EASY for non-expert web programmers to use.  I am an experienced
programming, but I don't know that much about all the alphabet soup that is
web programming.

thanks,
MB