query regarding OOP functionality in python

Vardhman Jain vardhman at students.iiit.net
Mon Apr 5 08:40:29 EDT 2004

Hi,
    I tried searching a bit about this on the net, but couldn't get much
help, so I am posting it here.
Could someone tell me, what kind of polymorphisms does python allows?
Does it allow multiple functions with same name and different
arguments?  Does it allow multiple functions with same name but
different return types. I have tried this with constructors and failed,
So I suppose I might need to compile the code or something like that to
gain this feature if it exists.

I know it allows default values to function arguments but that is not
sufficient for my purpose.