OFF-TOPIC:: Why Lisp is not my favorite programming language

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Wed Apr 7 05:10:27 EDT 2004

SH> It wouldn't surprise me. LISP is normally interpreted - maybe always,
SH> though I'm not certain of that.

This is one of the misconceptions about Lisp. Many Lisp systems do have an
interpreter on board, for interactive use but also most do have
compilation. There are some that don't even have an interpreter, nand even
for interactive use compile things without the user being aware of it. The
speed of compiled Lisp programs can approximate the speed of equivalent C
programs.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl