GUI Frameworks in Python?

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 14:51:03 EDT 2004

sridharinfinity at yahoo.com (Sridhar R) wrote in message news:<930ba99a.0404060104.fdf2605 at posting.google.com>...
>   Wrong.  GTK apps do look with native look and feel.  For Windows,
> look at the screenshots from the wimp project

First of all, thanks for all the pointers. But from GTK-Wimp I read:

News:
GTK-Wimp 0.5.4 released (Thursday, 11 March 2004)
GTK-Wimp 0.5.3 released (Sunday, 25 January 2004)
GTK-Wimp 0.5.2 released (Wednesday, 19 November 2003)

>   But, those people wouldn't have used PyGTK (or GTK) before.   Don't
> get a mind-shift just bcoz of some famous personality has said it.
> Usually I will try out the possiblities and then choose from the
> domain.

If you have time, sure. Being guinea pig is a great way to learn. :) I
did that with Java. After that, I swore I would never be another
guinea pig again. :) I've done my share.

Jokes aside. The easiest way of being taller than giants is to stand
on their shoulders. The problem nowadays is there are all too many
things to learn in life, and life unfortunately is short. Who you
spend time talking to, and whose opinion you rely on, makes a big
difference. Nowadays I realize I must relying on words of expert
friends that have been there, done that. It's much more effective.
Anyway, these are lessons that people learn, sooner or later.

See also:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=axa6b.64498%240u4.46413%40news1.central.cox.net

"I have to concur with Cameron on the immaturity of Gtk under
win32..."
"Unless running on win32 is of secondary importance, I don't think Gtk
would
is a good choice until some of the Gtk/win32 bugs and other issues are
worked out..."

Your opinion, and opinions like the above, are the types of comments
that I take into account. So, I have nothing against GTK in Windows
per se, but it just seems to need a bit more time. Python did not
start this good either.

regards,

Hung Jung