Python and postgres

Weinhandl Herbert weinhand at unileoben.ac.at
Wed Apr 7 04:12:15 EDT 2004

Steve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have postgres 7.4.1 running on my server and I've been trying to find
> a good python-postgres interface module. I installed Pygres on another
> machine running Linux using a RPM release and it works. However, I need
> to do the same for an alpha server and I can't find source files for

you may want to try psycopg :

	http://www.initd.org/software/initd/psycopg

i've compiled it successfully on my machines.

it requires mxDateTime installed :

	http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.0.5.tar.gz

from Python's db-sig :
   psycopg (PostgreSQL)
     A DB-API 2.0 compliant driver designed to support heavily
     multithreaded applications with many cursors. Cursors can be very
     short-lived since the driver has an intelligent system for reusing
     db connections at libpq level. Supports thread level 2.

> PyGres that would compile with 7.4.1 anywhere. Can someone please help
> me out? I need a good postgres python interface to work with.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve

Herbert