mcmillan installer

Chris Green cmg at dok.org
Wed Apr 14 10:32:34 EDT 2004

"Gianluca Trombetta" <gianluca.trombetta at tin.it> writes:

> thank you Larry,
>
> but I need to compile for linux platform and py2exe only work on windows :-(

http://starship.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Freeze/

I've had pretty good luck getting this to work under Linux though
haven't gone into production with it. It's a pretty confusing to get
started but it says it works on Linux & Windows.

I've only tried Linux but after a lot of hair pulling I was able to
get 4suite + wxPython + other modules all into a single app directory.

The hardest part there was the encodings directory of the basic python
where there are complicated things going on with __import__ and it
doesn't figure them out.
--
Chris Green <cmg at dok.org>
Chicken's thinkin'