Newbe-books

Christopher Koppler klapotec at chello.at
Thu Apr 29 17:12:48 EDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:13:40 GMT, Sarge <sarge at arena.invalid> wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm newbe of python, but not of programming (a lot of Matlab, some
>C, a bit of C++), I want a *good* book on python for self-study.
>I'm short of money, I don't want to make any mistakes, so does
>anybody have any suggestions (buy this-don't buy that)?

You could always search this group's archive via Google groups for
opinions, this question comes up quite frequently.
My personal preference, coming from a relatively similar background,
would be O'Reilly's Learning Python, which is now out in a second
edition covering the new features up to Python 2.3.
But why not try the online tutorial(s) and reference, combined with
the interactive experience that Python gives you, it's usually all you
need if you're already familiar with programming in general.

--
Christopher