Help with Fortran output

Kumbale, Murali T. MKUMBALE at southernco.com
Fri Aug 27 13:25:12 EDT 2004

I am new to Python and redirection etc.  I created a simple COM object
in Visual FORTRAN called "disp.disp" that writes to the WINDOWS console.
I wrote a Python script which looks like the following

import win32com.client
o = win32com.client.Dispatch("disp.disp")
o.SimpeAdd(5)

SimpleAdd method takes the argument supplied (the number 5 in this case)
and adds 10 to it and then writes to FORTRAN standard output using
WRITE(6,...).  This bombs as I don't know how to capture the FORTRAN
output written to WINDOWS console to Python console.  Please help.

Murali