Quixote demo

Ernie eadorio at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 07:41:49 EDT 2004

Regarding my post below, I rewrote

RewriteRule ^/qdemo(/.*) /var/www/cgi-bin/demo.cgi$1 [last]
as
RewriteRule ^/qdemo(/.*)  http://%{HTTP-HOST}/cgi-bin/demo.cgi$1
[last]

and it now works, at least on Mozilla and Opera amd in Konqueror
partly. The latter pops up a window to ask me to save or open the page
on some selections, say on "error" and "factorial".

I wonder when the majority of the Python community decide on a
preferred app/web server framework or combine the commonalities of
many rich, powerful and unfortunately fragmented choices: webware,
quixote, spyce, snakelets, webware, zope, twisted, etc?  You don't
have to think or learn more than "one obvious way to do it" in Java or
PHP. When Pythonistas claim Python is indeed better for writing web
apps, what mature Python production quality package will you recommend
instead of Java or Php?

Ernie