'post'ing Tkinter menus on windows.....

Dan Greenblatt dan.greenblatt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:36:13 EDT 2004

I am trying to programmatically manipulate the menus in my
application, for purposes of a tutorial, showing users where things
are in our application's menu interface. My goal is to be able to
programmatically say

   'show the menu cascade: Menu1 Menu2 Menu3 Action'

and these menus will post as they would if they were being scrolled
over by the mouse.

I've got this working on *nix platforms, but cannot get it to work on
windows because the menu.post() function doesnt return until you click
somewhere else in the app, while on *nix platforms, that method
returns immediately...
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i would have to do to get
this to work, as far as messing with grab/focus/etc... ?

Thanks
Dan