A email.cgi script

wonder a at b.com
Sun Aug 15 07:12:04 EDT 2004

Hi,

I would like to write a python script that can be used in my website for
  other people whoever browse my webside to send an email using my smtp
server. Is there any sample python script can do that?
Here is my python script, but it does not display To and From editbox in
the webpage for user type in their addresses:

#!/usr/bin/python

import smtplib, cgi, string

form = cgi.FieldStorage()

# Change the lines below to specify the TO and
# FROM addresses

toaddr = 'dest at abc.com'
fromaddr = ''

# Special form fields used by the email.cgi
# script

ack_url = form.getvalue('ack_url',None)
ack_text = form.getvalue('ack_text','Your submission was successful')
subject = form.getvalue('subject', '')

# form fields to skip
to_skip = ['ack_url', 'ack_text', 'subject', 'to']

# create the email headers

msg = "From: %s\r\nTo: %s\r\nSubject: %s\r\n\r\n" % (fromaddr, toaddr,
subject)

for key in form.keys():
     if string.lower(key) in to_skip: continue
     msg = msg + "%s: %s\n\n" % (key, form.getvalue(key))

server = smtplib.SMTP('mail.xyx.com')
server.set_debuglevel(0)
server.sendmail(fromaddr, toaddr, msg)
server.quit()