Py2Exe PROBLEM

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Aug 19 07:43:31 EDT 2004

Lad wrote:

> I try to make an exe file from my script with help of Py2exe but I am
> not successfull.
> When compilation finishes I get:
>
> The following modules appear to be missing
> ['blackbox', 'timing', 'rgs.py']
>
> Can you please help me how to solve the problem?

If you explain what problem you are actually having.

Are you assuming simply because of that warning message that
it didn't work?  What happens when you try to run the resulting
.exe file?

Note that py2exe will sometimes complain about modules that
are not actually required for the program to run.

Also please explain what "blackbox" and "timing" are, if
they are part of the problem.

Finally (and this might be the whole problem), you seem
to be using "import rgs.py" when you really meant to use
just "import rgs".  You don't import Python modules using
the full filename of the source file...

-Peter