XMLObject - problem with recursive definitions

rzed jello at comics.com
Mon Aug 23 09:06:56 EDT 2004

fuzzyman at gmail.com (Michael Foord) wrote in
news:6f402501.0408222323.5fd81b2a at posting.google.com:

> I've been using the excellent XMLObject and have unfortunately
> come up against what *looks* to me like a bug - although it's
> very possible that the problem is  mine  !!

[...]

I copied your code, installed XMLObject (thanks for mentioning
this, by the way -- I had not been aware of it before), and ran the
program, which worked fine.

Output:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<thing abit="Hello My Friend">
  <thing abit="Recursion Test">
    <anotherthing abit="Yo Again"/>
  </thing>
  <anotherthing abit="Yo"/>
</thing>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<thing abit="Hello My Friend">
  <thing abit="Recursion Test">
    <anotherthing abit="Yo Again"/>
  </thing>
  <anotherthing abit="Yo"/>
</thing>

... but this was based on the latest XMLObject. Maybe it's been
patched in response to your message?

--
rzed