PEP318

paolo veronelli paolo_veronelli at yahoo.it
Thu Aug 12 17:47:48 EDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:29:07 -0700, David Eppstein <eppstein at ics.uci.edu>
wrote:

> In article <f3inh0d3l3uikpd3t914kv05a2fnkvhqvq at 4ax.com>,
>  Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.com> wrote:
>
>> >Also, it's not in the Zen of Python, but maybe declarative is better
>> >than imperative?
>>
>> Starting now, I guess. ;)
>
> Well, I think starting with list comprehensions in place of imperative
> append-loops.

I don't think there is a clear similarity,in fact I don't have any
declarative feeling when I use list comprehension,for me it's a shortcut.
With decorators before defs I have a new feeling,but not the good
declarative one I have with haskell (which would be nice to melt with).
I'm not erudite enough to explain it anyway.

	Paolino

--
....lotta dura  per la verdura