VB-like GUI designer?

Nikos Kouremenos nk at ebox.gr
Mon Aug 9 18:31:52 EDT 2004

Fred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I'm currently checking out Python as an alternative to VB.Net
> to moving from VB, but can't find a GUI designer that is as good as
> VB.
>
> I tried wxDesigner and wxGlade, but neither lets me move the widgets
> around. I also tried Dialogblocks, but it seems to only handle C++ or
> XRC, not Python.
>
> Is this all there is, or is there a gem I missed?
>
> Thank you
> Fred.

this is because of the way wxWidgets. If you can't get used to it, then
you can always try PyQT (which I believe you will find more close to
your designer needs). For Windows you need to buy a license though.
PyGTK also won't do it for you (same as wxWidgets style).
You can also parse the XML files that exist for every widget [XRC,
.glade, and so on]

Next time do a better 'web search'.
Good Luck,
Nikos