Debunking Art - fraudster with python AI engine?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at
Tue Aug 24 02:48:11 CEST 2004

In article <4128f60b$1 at>, Nick wrote:
>I recently went to an art exhibition, and one of the artists had an AI
>engine projected onto a screen with a keyboard for visitors to type
>questions in with.

Are you sure it wasn't connected to a network (perhaps well hidden)?
In that case the "AI engine" could just be another person sitting
somewhere, snickering... (Turing test, anyone?)

Magnus Lie Hetland     "Canned Bread: The greatest thing since sliced      bread!" [from a can in Spongebob Squarepants]

[ is moderated.  To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
[ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai at>, and ]
[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]