VB-like GUI designer?

simo simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 22:47:42 EDT 2004

"Roger Binns" <rogerb at rogerbinns.com> wrote:

> > So how are you generating this interpreter/bytecode archive? It
> > basically sounds like the kind of thing py2exe does, but you've made
> > an object file or something. How did you calculate the dependencies?

> Slides 18 thru 23.  On Windows I use py2exe, Linux I use cxFreeze
> and Mac uses BundleBuilder.

Thanks for the help, I've actually managed to get both cx_Freeze and
MM Installer working!

I think a lot of it has to do with the quality of the build
environment - my RedHat9 box has a horribly hacked-together Python 2.3
distro with bits of RPMs, some compiled stuff and some dodgey
symlinking, but the SUSE box has a proper apt-get'ed Python. I can
build on the SUSE box and run on the RedHat box!

I've written a [simpler than yours] shell script to freeze and then
tar-up the distro, then I might try Solaris!

I've still got a few things to iron out - like bluecurve.so warnings
on RedHat, and linux-gate.so warnings on SUSE, then I've gotta go read
your presentation before learning about RPMs!