Decorator syntax (was Re: PEP 318 - PyFIT comments)

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Thu Aug 5 11:46:05 EDT 2004

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> wrote in message
news:jaWdnWcZkabb2Y_cRVn-vQ at speakeasy.net...
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:06:01 -0400,
> John Roth <newsgroups at jhrothjr.com> wrote:
> > That was basically my comment about ctypes. AMK's
> > blog entry referenced the ctype's documentation page,
>
> Heller's post (at
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-June/045139.html) wasn't
> very informative, either; I assume ctypes needs to do 'func =
> something_or_other(func)' as PyObjC does currently.

I see; that's not very informative.

What ctypes does is create a specialized object to
represent a particular c function, variable, array or
struct; then you use those objects as part of the
interface when you call the c function you're going
after.

Possibly he's got something in mind to streamline
the construction of the supporting objects for
a given C API call.

It does, however, seem like something that would
be appropriate for function decorators.

John Roth