serial and threads

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 17 12:11:38 EDT 2004

Silke wrote:
> I already found a solution using 'threading' instead of 'thread' :-)

Are you positive that is really a solution?  If the original
problem was truly because of a thread-safety issue, then it's
most likely, I think, that it was a race condition and that
it could very well re-appear in the future.

The "threading" module is mostly just a higher level API on
top of the "thread" module, so that change alone seems unlikely
to solve the issue, unless there is code in serialwin32 specifically
to do the proper locking when the threading module is used...

-Peter