Alternative decorator syntax decision

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Fri Aug 20 17:04:07 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>
>> Yes.  But what if the majority of the community favors pies of J2?
>

> Then it's a certainty that we'll hear at high volume from
> that community when the time comes.  Now is not their time.
> (Or, to put it another way, they are quite capable of holding
> their own vote... this is c.l.p, home of the daily syntax
> vote!)

I've been thinking of this as a primary election, rather than a general
election.  One party already has a strong incumbent candidate (@pies),
the other party is now trying to decide which of many potential
candidates they should run against the incumbent.

Of course, the difference here is that, in the general election, only
one vote will be cast, and that vote is GvR's...

(Not sure how well this metaphor will carry over to all of the different
election schemes used in the many countries represented here in c.l.py,
but hopefully most of us are at least moderately familiar with the
concept...)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International