Call for signatories for J2

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Mon Aug 30 13:01:49 EDT 2004

"Robert Brewer" <fumanchu at amor.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.2584.1093824257.5135.python-list at python.org...
Arthur wrote:
> Against.
>
> With some commitment.
>
> I have not read the J2 psper...

>>Let me know when you have and I'll add your name to the list.

I have, now.

Nicely crafted.  but I do think I had the info I needed to vote, from the
discussion.

And I am not arguing that J2 is not "better", in some sense. But I am
concluding that the normal rules for better don't apply here.

There is some other syntactical aim here that I wouldn't call "sugar". Once
again, in the context of "decorators", we might need a new word to express
what the intention is here.

If a core argument in favor is to shortcut programmer input, I think it
should be expressed as an unadorned shortcut.  And think @ expresses the
intent, in this respect more baldly and clearly.

Put me as against.

It should clinch it for you ;)

ART