Python Win32 & TWAIN scanning?

S. David Rose photos at conversent.net
Fri Aug 6 19:14:16 EDT 2004

Hello everyone.
  I am very much enjoying learning python.  I am fiddling with a project
that I've decided to use on the Win32 platform.  I'd like to be able to
scan a document as a graphic and save it thru Python to a file.  I believe
that on Windows, all scanning is done thru the TWAIN interface.  I'd like
to use a USB scanner.  I've googled for info. regarding Python, PIL, and
scanners but haven't seen anything related to what I'm looking for.  Can
anyone out there 'bump' me in the right direction please?

Thank you!
Dave Rose