age of Python programmers

Harry George harry.g.george at boeing.com
Wed Aug 18 13:08:53 EDT 2004

mjackson at alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson) writes:

> "Lucas Raab" <pythongnome at hotmail.com> writes:
> > One thing I've always kind of wondered is what is the average age of a
> > Python programmer?? What age groups use Python?? Something to think
> > about....
>
> 55.  Wrote my first program at 16 (Fortran, punch cards).
>
> --
> Mark Jackson - http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~mjackson
> 	Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it
> 	is the merger of state and corporate power.
> 				- Benito Mussolini

Finally, someone in my cohort :-).  52.  Also wrote first program at
16, FORTRAN, on punch cards.  Many, many languages later found python
and bliss.  In the middle of a world of meetings, project planning,
and other project managering a few hours coding restores a sense of
hope.

(BTW, nice signature quote.  See http://www.seanet.com/~hgg9140/ for
related materials.)

harry.g.george at boeing.com