how do i do this - stream file

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Tue Aug 3 10:03:21 EDT 2004

Actually this can happen automatically.  If the
user's machine doesn't have a file association for
the file extension of the file that they click on
the browser automatically displays a open/save
dialog for them when they click on the hyperlink.
If they have an association defined on their machine,
for the extension it launches the application when
they click the hyperlink.  On Windows this behavior
is configurable.  They can always right click on
hyperlink and choose save instead.

HTH,
Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.